Meal prepping is not just for gym boffs, it’s also a great way to save money and time which is always a good thing in our busy lifestyles!
I’m a big fan of bulk cooking but this does mean I often eat the same thing for a couple of days in a row. Paella is something I’ve found that I can modify so the meal is a little bit different every day. All these ingredients and the sides I had it with for the week cost me £9.44 (not including the spices or siracha mayo, I already had those in) UNDER £10 FOR 5 MEALS! 😱
This recipe also only uses 1 pan which is always a bonus when it comes round to washing up!
My easy veggie/vegan paella recipe
(Makes approx 10 portions)
- 1 onion (red or white)
- 6 or 7 Carrots
- 1 and 1/2 Peppers
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 small tin sweetcorn
- 300g mushrooms
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 veg stock cubes
- 1 bag Quorn chicken (veggie or vegan)
- Paella rice
- Spices of your choice, I used: paprika, bbq seasoning, garlic granules, chilli flakes and Italian mixed herbs
- Fry all the veggies and Quorn in olive oil in a big frying pan or wok until they start to soften and have a bit of colour on them
- Make 2 pints of stock with 2 stock cubes then add the stock and tinned tomatoes to the frying pan
- Add approx 75g of paella rice per portion and stir
- Add spices to taste
- Don’t put a lid on the pan, boil the excess water off, stirring regularly. Then taste the rice, if it’s crunchy add more water and boil it off again. Repeat this until the rice is soft
- Put the portions you’re not eating straight away into tuppawares. Put portions in the fridge that you’re going to eat in the next 2 days and put all other portions in the freezer.
- When reheating, make sure you do this really thoroughly. I microwave a defrosted portion for 2 minutes, then stir it, then another 2 minutes.
- There’s several different ways to enjoy this basic recipe to add variety to your meals. Check out my video on 5 different ways you can eat paella (skip to 2:45 if you don’t want to see this recipe again)
I hope you enjoy making this!